Thursday 19 April 2012

Canvas






A brief post just to show off my latest canvas. I recently asked a few friends whether they wanted a canvas for their rooms. I wasn't really fussed on what they wanted painted, just another piece to complete would be nice. My friend Matt got in contact with me and asked for anything I could think of. This was such a vague brief! I worked with what I know best - nude women. Think what you wish. He's a 20 year old guy who's currently doing up his bedroom, so I thought I'd go for something with an Austin Powers feel to it. Mix and out burst of colours with a neat silhouette on top.

I started out with my 'blank canvas' and began to sketch the nude woman with a pencil. After roughly mapping out where she would be I began to fill colour blocks with oil pastels. Fanning the colours out so it would look like they are coming out of her. After the colours were complete I got my black acrylic paint out and a very fine brush for the details.

In the final stage I filled the pencil out line and continued to keep the details as precise and neat as possible. Finishing it off with my signature. Alas the canvas was complete. 

Stay Fabulous!

Tania Ferreira.

No comments:

Post a Comment